Friday, January 14, 2011

Jewelry Box

Over the summer, I decided to surprise Madison by redecorating her room while Jon took her and Jake camping.  She had been wanting black, white and hot pink and between my amazing designer friend, Christy, and I, the "Jewelry Box" bedroom was designed. 

Sorry for the poor picture quality - I took these on a semi cloudy day and tried to tweak my camera lighting :/.

This daybed was my childhood bed...
 as was the dresser


 Eventually, this wall will be a "wall of mirrors" - but these vintage mirrors aren't easy to find... if you happen upon one, of any size/shape, buy it for me!

This picture does not do this chandelier justice - it is beautiful.  My friend Kelly found it at a thrift store and I painted it a high gloss black to match the mirror.  It's one of my favorite pieces in the room.
 Both of the nightstands were estate sale finds - the one on the left was $10 and the one on the right was $3! 
Total score!


Let me just say wallpapering is TOUGH, but totally worth it in the end.  I still plan on finding some fun window coverings and will eventually turn the white oval frame into a chalkboard (maybe), I also hope to find a fun (yet affordable) rug.  A few small tweaks, but otherwise her room is finished.

Love you Madison!


2 comments: