Friday, November 5, 2010

Front Room

My biggest house project right now is the front rooms of my home. This is such a tough project because all the walls are vaulted - all the way to the top of the 2nd story. Painting will have to be in sections - and I am sure the whole project will take at least a month. Anyone up for a painting party? :D
This is the main area - otherwise known as the "pool table room".
1. PAINT!
My plan with this room is the same paint as the family room/kitchen area - "Wool Skein" by Sherwin Williams.
2. Hang Curtains - I picked some white linen 95 inch curtains from Target. I will use the same curtain rods for now - I originally purchased them from Costplus World Market.
This is the stairway (the sconces are new (old brown wood spray painted white) and will stay, as well as the table on the landing I got from Carey from http://www.withjoycarey.blogspot.com/ years ago. I plan on painting the picture frames white or gray. This stairway will be the same light color as the pool table room.
The wall to the right (both sides of the cutout) will be a dark blue - I found the perfect one at Dunn Edwards - "Silver Skate". I need to figure out something fun to do in the crevice (lamp has to stay until we get an electrician out to do a permanent light fixture above pool table). The wall not shown (to the right of the picture) will feature a oversized large mirror (hung horizontally) and a shelf - all purchased from Kelly R.

I have so much fun deciding, dreaming and ultimately doing all these re-decorating projects! I can't wait until they are all done - however, I have a long ways to go....

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment